Follow @sfitzyfly Tweet Follow @sfitzyfly Creative Daily Scribe

Saturday 27 October 2012

Star Strength.

"Kenny - are you ready?"

"No Frankie. I ain't. I'm pissing my goddamned pants."

"Seriously dude? Are you okay? Have you pissed yourself?"

"No Frank I haven't! I just can't - can't do this. I'm just, eh, not ready. I can't do it."

"Of course you can! Stop talking through your asshole Kenny. Drop something or take a gulp of that bottle and get out there. You'll be fine once you hear the roar."

"Shut the fuck up Frankie! This is serious! I haven't done this for such a long time. I'm afraid I'll suck eggs and disappoint them all."

"You won't suck - you are Kenny Cheevers. You are a legend. Over twenty million records sold. You are gold goddammit!"

"But I haven't got out there in so, so long. And my voice isn't what it was!"

"It's just like getting back up on a horse. And your voice sounds better now anyhow - far more refined."

"You think?"

"Of course so! You can do this Ken. You're ready. You've prepped for this. There's twelve thousand people out there are waiting for you. Punters wanting you to grace their lives again. This is not twenty three years ago when you played to ten people in your first gig."

"I remember that night like it was yesterday."

"It was a good night. That cage saved you from being beer bottled in the face."

"Yeah that dude with the ugly yellow teeth really didn't like me, did he?"

"No he certainly didn't!"

"I remember that long drive on that windy, greasy road. It was lashing rain that night with leaves falling everywhere."

"Ricky played bass and Chuck wouldn't shut up! That guy was always yapping his mouth off! You enjoyed that night, didn't you?"

"It's still one of my best life memories Frank."

"Seriously?"

"The fact you're still around too means a great deal. You do know that?"

"I know dude."

"I have my lucky pleck."

"Then you've got everything. Ready?"

"I suppose I am."

"Let's go so. The band are waiting for your pep talk in the wings."

"And Frank?"

"Yeah?"

"Sorry for the eh, y'know, freak out."

"Kinda half expected it. Go rock the joint."

"I do remember driving out of there at hi-speed though. Without being paid our money though!"

"We've come some way, eh?"

"That we have dude. Thanks for being there for me Frank - through everything - I mean it."

"Enough emotion - save it for the fans and the show."

No comments: